Wednesday, September 2, 2009
MEDIUM PRESS AND PULL DAY 090209
WARM UP: 3 Rounds
10 Goblet Squats w/ 16kg
5 Push Ups Plus
STRENGTH: W/ 24kg
Ring Pull Ups 1,2,3,4
CONDITIONING - "Swing And Rescue Suicides" (Dice Rolled 2 Rounds Today)
* 30 KBS w/ 16kg - Sprint to the 24kg
* 20 KBS w/ 24 kg - Sprint back to the 16kg
* 30 KBS w/ 16kg - Sprint to the 32kg
* 10 KBS w/ 32 kg - Sprint back to the 16 kg
* 30 KBS w/ 16 kg
* I got it the gym a little later than I wanted to b/c I didn't wake up till around 2pm and I was too hungry and groggy to workout right away.
* Still feeling a lot stronger w/ c&p the 24kg. today was a medium day, but I set the gymboss to 25:00. I wanted to see if I could get 5(1,2,3,4) w/in 25min. I started getting tired and my form was shaky around the 3rd rung of the 5th ladder so I stopped in hopes of conserving my energy for the Heavy Day on Saturday. The 24kg felt like the 32kg does to me now, when I first started using it. It is starting to feel lighter and lighter everyday. This give me hope in using the 32kg in my ladders someday.
* I'm taking a break from the 'Fighter Pull Ups' by going back to the ladder pull ups. I'll have to really pay attention to how I feel and gage program will help me increase my pull up numbers faster. I also did ring pull ups today to change it up a bit.
* I came up with "Swing And Rescue Suicides" earlier today. I liked it, but would much rather do it on football field or track. The driveway didn't give me enough room to get a good sprint going. I only did 2 rounds of this today, but will add a few more rounds the next time I do it. It's going to be a lung-buster. I watched the video a while ago and noticed that I need to develop a better hip snap and focus on flaring my lats and pulling my shoulder down.
* Tomorrow is heavy TGU day.