Saturday, June 6, 2009

WOD: Pull Up The Resolution To Do Your Get Ups


That title will make sense after you read this.

I missed a few WOD posts so here we go.

060309: Resolution 2 Adv. ( I was really tired from the previous day so I didn't have enough gas to get through all 5 rounds in 30min, so I had to stop at 3. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. You won't make any gains, especially in strength, if you push yourself past your limit.)

A) KB C&P Ladders w/ 27kg: 3(1,2,3,4,5)

B) Pull Ups: 5,4,3

C) Dead Lift:

  1. 255 x 5
  2. 260 x 4
  3. 265 x 3

060409: TGU Practice: 5 min round of 32kg alt. TGUs

  • This was an A.R. day. I didn't want to push the the envelope today. I am feeling the need to unload after training pretty heavy for the past 6 weeks. I think I got three on each side.
  • I took a 25 min rest and put Lisa through a workout, then I wanted to see how long it wold take me to complete 100 snatches w/ the 24kg. I did 20 on each side and I could tell that it wasn't going to happen.
  • I'll perform better when I am fresh.

060509: Fighter Pull Up Plan By Pavel

  • I need to increase my pull up strength. Is there any way better to do it besides the Pavel way? I don't think so.
  • This is going to be a 30 day program w/ the goal of increasing my #'s. My rep max doing the strict pull up, as Pavel describes in the article, was 6.
  • So I started on Day 7 with:
  • 6,5,4,3,2,1
  • I took enough rest to complete each rep w/ perfect form. I didn't want to wear myself out.

Today, I will be on a 24hr fast, and I am going to write up a Dbl KB Complex to do later in the day. More on that soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment